Today I got my Gelli Arts® plate and immediately began making prints. I began by creating paper circles but that did not work so I grabbed a plastic divider to create my own mask. I made several trial and error prints throughout the afternoon.
By five o'clock, I began cutting them down into large and some smaller squares. I was deciding how to use when I realized they looked like small abstracts. I added more paint and some stamps using white paint with bubble wrap and black Staz-on ink.
*permission to use the Gelli® or Gelli Arts® trademark, which is owned by Gelli Arts® LLC
It was a busy week as the students finished up their HAW projects. I folded, string and put up 115 lanterns and put together 2 bulletin boards. I was also told that I was too valuable as a math/science teacher to be allowed to teach art, but coild start an art club. I will have to see what the future holds but I will still strive to teach art!
I took several pictures of their work and take satisfaction that my students believe in me! it was apleasure to see their excitement as it all came together. They proudly showed off their artwork.
I saw an amazing talented artist, Isabella Zacherfinet, on a recent youtube video use watercolour pencils and water to create a beautiful background. I decided to see how using inktense pencils and Lindy's spray instead of water would react.
Then, I sprayed Lindy's silver steel shimmer spray and sprinkled a few granules of the same color of magicals. I used my heat tool to dry and create watermarks.
Finally, I decided to use a baby wipe to lift some color and blend it.
Next, I decided to cover a canvas with white gesso and use a stencil to add some modeling paste. I used three color of inktense but less coverage. This was a total fail. The gesso bubbled up and peeled off. So this is what I salvaged by adding more inktense and watered down acrylic craft paint in peach.
Recently I got the opportunity to teach a few art lessons in my math lab to help out with our social studies event Harmony Around the World. Our grade was assigned Asia and Japan and China were the two countries we chose.
I have asked each group to create lanterns and two additional art projects. I began designing two original pieces for our display and silent auction. See the pictures below to see their progress to completion. I will post student project in a few weeks when done.